Terms & Conditions
Montsaye Community Sports Centre
‘SwimSchool’ Terms and Conditions
Please read the following points carefully as they refer to your ‘SwimSchool’ scheme membership at Montsaye Community Sports Centre. As a member you agree to comply with and adhere to the following terms and conditions. Please sign below to confirm that you have read, understand and agree to the following:
1. The term ‘Initial Term’ means a pro-rata payment from the date of joining the Montsaye Community Sports Centre ‘SwimSchool’ Scheme.
2. The term ‘Swimmer(’s)’ refers to the person enrolled on the Montsaye Community Sports Centre ‘SwimSchool’ Scheme.
3. The term ‘You’ and ‘your’ refers to the payer of the swimmer lesson fees.
4. The term ‘Membership’ refers to the Montsaye Community Sports Centre ‘SwimSchool’ Scheme. It does not refer to a membership of the facility.
Starting the membership
1. All fees due will need to be paid prior to commencement of the Montsaye Community Sports Centre ‘SwimSchool’ Scheme that the swimmer is joining.
2. When paying by Direct Debit you will need to pay an initial pro rata payment to cover the period from joining until the next available Direct Debit date. This may be more than one month’s payment depending on which date of the month your Direct Debit is due.
3. When paying by Direct Debit, your payment will cover the period from when the payment day is due, to the day preceding your due collection day the following month. Your Direct Debit is a rolling payment and has no ‘END’ date.
4. When registering for the Montsaye Community Sports Centre ‘SwimSchool’ Scheme all personal details are held on our membership system and will be utilised to maintain contact with you. Direct Debit collections will be made by Clubwise.
5. When paying in cash for 10 week block payments, this is a non-refundable payment. Payment for the next block of lessons must be received before the start of the last paid lesson, an email reminder will be sent where a valid email address has been given, no other reminders will be given.
Ending the membership
1. When paying by Direct Debit, you have the right to end the membership within 14 days from the sign up date. If you end the membership within this period, you will be refunded any pro-rata payments, less any fees for attended lessons. After 14 days you can end the membership following the Initial Term by providing 30 days’ notice (see bullet point 3 within this section for ending the membership procedure).
2. Ending the membership during the Initial Term will require the payment of any and all fees due under the membership agreement.
3. If you wish to end the membership, please submit your notice in writing to Montsaye Community Sports Centre addressed to ‘SwimSchool Co-ordinator’ or by emailing email@example.com Verbal notice cannot be accepted under any circumstances. Confirmation of a request to end the membership will be sent to your registered address or email address upon receipt of the request by the SwimSchool Co-ordinator.
4. There is a minimum period of 30 days notice to be provided upon request to cancel any DD agreement/memberships. There is no option to freeze this membership,
Conditions of use
1. The membership is non-transferable.
2. New swimmers can join the swimming lesson programme at any point.
3. Once payment has been made for swimming lessons, no refunds or reimbursements will be available unless absence is confirmed by signed doctor’s note or medical exemption certificate in case of illness; in such cases all credits due will be offered as a discount on future swimming lesson payments.
4. Swimmers must wear appropriate swimming attire, namely lycra shorts or trunks (no board or holiday shorts) or 1 piece costumes (no bikinis or tankinis). No Jewellery is to be worn at any time during swimming lessons.
5. Swim Hats must be worn by each swimmer, during their swimming lesson. Initial swimming hats are provided free of charge but replacements hats can be purchased at reception.
6. All lessons are subject to a registration and administration time during the allotted session time; this is to record attendance for health and safety reasons.
7. Class numbers are restricted and set by Montsaye Community Sports Centre to ensure a quality teaching environment and are based on the ASA Safe Supervision for Teaching and Coaching Swimming Policy.
8. A safe and controlled environment is paramount for a successful swimming lesson programme to be undertaken; therefore no non swimmers (including parents/guardians) will be permitted onto the poolside at any time.
9. Queries regarding the lesson programme or individual swimmer’s progress should be directed to the relevant SwimSchool Co-ordinator, who will then co-ordinate a response from the relevant member of staff.
10. All swimmers must not enter the pool hall until the instructor is present. All swimmers are required to be available to start their lesson at the allotted start time for registration with the instructor. Swimmers must not enter the water until instructed to do so by the instructor.
11. Swimmer’s ability and speed of progression will vary depending upon the individual. Swimmers will progress when all competencies have been satisfied as setup under the ASA swimming lesson guidelines. The Swimming Instructor will notify the swimmer of the progression to the next stage, you will need to contact the Sports Centre Reception to arrange a new lesson time etc.
12. The use of camera or video photography (including mobile phones) is strictly prohibited at all times within the facility.
1. Montsaye Community Sports Centre operates a continuous programme running through 50 weeks of the year. Direct Debit fees are calculated by the number of swimming lessons over a 12 month period.
2. DD Memberships enrolled on Montsaye Community Sports Centre ‘SwimSchool’ Scheme lessons will receive free public swimming during General Swim sessions.
3. Direct Debit payments will be amended to cover any relevant bank holidays as and when necessary.
4. When paying by Direct Debit it is understood that you will make every effort to ensure that the nominated account is available and in credit so allowing collection of any due fees on the agreed date of collection
5. Repeated non-payment of your Direct Debit will result in this service being removed and not reinstated until all monies repaid.
6. When paying by Direct Debit, your monthly fee will be automatically updated if the swimmer’s lesson fee changes (i.e. if you change day/lesson duration increases or decreases). Montsaye Community Sports Centre will notify you at least 4 weeks prior to any such price changes.
7. If during your membership period the swimmer’s contact details change in any way you will be required to inform the Sports Centre reception or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
8. We may alter facility opening times, or temporarily withdraw provisions at any time in connection with any repairs, alterations or maintenance work, or for any other reasonable reason. All such changes will be displayed with as much prior notice as possible on the notice boards. This will include any closure or withdrawal of specific services as a result of industrial action. Credits for cancelled sessions will be deducted from your future swimming lesson payments.
9. All lessons are subject to availability.
10. If any changes are made to these Terms & Conditions we will notify you in writing give 14 days’ minimum notice.
11. You assume all risks and responsibility for any harm, loss, damage, property damage, personal injury, to you or others resulting from, arising out of, or any way in relation to the swimmer’s use of or presence in Montsaye Community Sports Centre facilities.
12. Montsaye Community Sports Centre may cancel the membership in the following circumstances:
13. If you/ the swimmer break this agreement or any facility rules repeatedly.
14. We will not tolerate our staff or other members of the lesson being verbally or physically abused or intimidated. If this is the case, we will immediately ban you/the swimmer from the scheme.
15. If the membership is cancelled, you can appeal in writing by contacting the Montsaye Community Sports Centre SwimSchool Co-ordinator. All appeals will be heard in person and a decision will be made within 7 days of the hearing date. Appeals must be submitted to email@example.com
16. If Montsaye Community Sports Centre is required to cancel the membership for a breach of any rules, terms or conditions, there will be no refund made of any or part of your subscription fee.