Following the success of our January 2019 Ofsted inspection we would like to thank the highly effective School Improvement Board for its work to support the school in its journey. The school has now appointed a full governing body to support Montsaye Academy in its next exciting stage of development.
Message from Angela Lloyd, Chair of Governors - September 2021
Governors last met in July 2021 where they evaluated their performance in 2020-2021. Some of the positives identified were:
- Supporting Montsaye through the pandemic
- Ensuring compliance under difficult conditions
- Strengthening relationships with school staff
- Adapting well to remote meetings, remote monitoring and remote training
- Developing expertise and diversity of skills
- Establishing a governor as a director of the Sports Centre
Governors will continue to meet largely remotely from September although some face to face meetings for the full governing body are planned. Governors are also looking forward to being able to go into school to meet staff and students as part of monitoring and to attend ERA days and other similar activities. We are exceptionally proud of Montsaye Academy and absolutely committed to ensuring that the school is a great place to learn, work, develop and be part of a wider community. We continue to work effectively with the school's senior leadership team to collaboratively achieve the school vision, as together we will promote Excellence Resilience and Aspiration.
Our Core Roles
- Setting the strategic direction
- ensuring clarity of vision
- engaging and working collaboratively with senior leaders
- delivering our statutory duties set by government
- shaping improvement priorities
- Holding to account
- performance oversight of teaching, achievement, behaviour and safety
- strengthening school leadership
- monitoring improvement plan
- Ensuring financial control
- overseeing financial performance
- making sure money is well spend
- financial control
In 2021 we are aiming to become more visible at parent forum meetings. This will be a great opportunity to meet as many parents as we can, and better understand how we can continue to contribute and engage as effectively as possible.
“A stimulating environment where everyone aspires to exceed their potential.”
Finance & Premises
Sarah Austin-Clark (chair)
Safeguarding & Inclusion
Pay & Performance
Ryan Thompson (chair)
Quality & Standards
If you would be interested in applying to join the Montsaye Academy governing body, please contact the clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.