December 2021 Update
The government has brought in new "Plan B" Covid restrictions in England, in response to concern over the newly-identified Omicron variant.
People are being asked to wear a mask in most indoor public spaces. We would ask that you wear a mask when you enter the premises. This can be removed when taking part in an activity. All other individual activity guidance remains unchanged. This will be reviewed on an on-going basis if necessary.
July 2021 Update
Following the most recent government announcement regarding Covid-19, a few things will be changing at in our centre from Monday 19 July. We would like to reassure you, that safety will remain our priority, as we ease the restrictions that are currently in place.
- Face coverings - These will now be optional. However, they will be encouraged in crowded areas e.g.pool spectator area. Staff will be encouraged to wear face masks in crowded indoor areas.
- Reception screens – Screens will remain in place at reception for the foreseeable future.
- Cleaning Protocols – Enhanced cleaning of contact points will continue for now.
- Hand Sanitiser – Hand sanitiser will remain at various locations around site for customers to use.
- Changing Rooms - Poolside changing rooms will be fully open with no capacity limits. We will look to re-open the Dryside Changing rooms once the school term has finished.
- Contactless Payments – Where possible we are asking for payments to be made via contactless payment.
- Swimmers will no longer be required to pre-book their sessions.
- Please arrive no more than five minutes prior to the start of the timetabled session to help minimise grouping in the changing rooms.
- Changing rooms will now be available with no capacity limits. Swimmers will be able to enter the pool from the changing rooms.
- Swimmers are still encouraged where possible to arrive ‘swim ready’.
- Please arrive no more than five minutes prior to the start of the lesson.
- Changing rooms will now be open with no capacity limits. Swimmers will enter the pool from the changing rooms.
- We still encourage you to bring your children ‘swim ready’ where possible.
- We ask that only one adult attends the lesson with each child.
- The start times of some lessons will be altered slightly WC 26/07/21. If your lesson time is affected, we will be in touch to notify you of this.
- We will be reviewing the lesson provision over the next few weeks. We are looking to resume our full quota of lessons at the earliest opportunity.
- 1-1 Lessons will now be resuming. Please enquire at the centre for availability.
- We are aware that some swimmers are still waiting to be placed back into the lessons. In the meantime, we do have Intensives courses resuming this summer and 1-1 options now available.
- A booking system will remain in place. There will be no restrictions on how long your session lasts though.
- Members will be able to book their sessions via the FitSense App or by ringing the centre. Casual users must pre-book their session by ringing the centre.
- The One-Way system will now be removed. We ask you to be considerate of other members and not gather in groups.
- Customers are asked to clean the equipment before and after each use. Cleaning equipment will be located within the gym for both customers and colleagues to utilise.
- We will look to re-introduce some of the equipment back into the gym that was removed.
- We will be safely increasing the capacities on our classes. The instructors will still be encouraged to set up the class to promote social distancing.
- Cleaning equipment will remain in place for you to clean equipment before and afterwards.
- Group exercise classes can be booked 7 days in advance via the FitSense App.
- We politely remind our users to remember to cancel their space if they are unable to attend for any reason.
All Weather Pitch
- Pitches will now be available to use on a Pay and Play basis for children during the summer holidays. Further details and timings will be released in the coming days.
- The centre will not be loaning out any equipment (balls/bibs etc).
- The changing facilities will remain closed until the end of the school term.
- Children’s parties will now be available to book.
- We ask that you remain considerate of other users/bookings whilst using the Sports Hall.